The privacy of personal information you provide to us (your personal information) is important to us. The following privacy governs the collection and use of your personal information by Flint Forensics Pty Ltd (ABN 65 103 438 277) trading as Navigates Real Estate, its related entities, its business’s (including but not limited to Navigates General Insurance, Navigates Mortgage Broking and Navigates Body Corporate and Community Management), subsidiaries, directors, officiers, employees, and independent contractors of Navigates Real Estate including their directors, officiers, real estate agents contractors and the Agent/Broker that will assist you (“we”, “us” or “the group”).
We are committed to protecting your privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This document sets out our Privacy Notice.
Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
We may collect personal information from you through our call centres, by telephone, letter, fax or email, through our Agents, when interviewing you, through our pop-up kiosks, from our website (through your access or use) and from competitions, promotions, surveys, providing feedback to which you choose to respond or complaining to us and from publicly available sources of information including social media.
We collect personal information about you to enable us to assess your suitability and eligibility for buying or selling a property, property management services, applying for a home loan, insurance policy or for the provision of other services. During the course of your involvement with us, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Conducting our business;
- Complete a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, for example, in the completion of application form;
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting a third party purchase your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you;
- For other services that we offer that you may require.
The type of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Copies of photo identification;
- Your residential and postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home, work and mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name and bank or financial institution and credit reference reports;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you;
- References or referees;
- Publicly available sources of information or any other organisation where you have given your consent.
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor/planner;
- Mortgage brokers and aggregators;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespersons engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies and businesses;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Law enforcement agencies and government entities;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real Estate websites;
- Real Estate peak bodies;
- Body Corporate and Community Management organisations and On-Site Managers;
- Local Councils;
- Referees you have nominated.
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your accountant, your financial planner, you past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to avoid to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, us and disclose your personal information, and we therefore ask that you sign the consent on the first page of this document to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to us collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
If you give us personal information about another person, you represent that you are authorised to do so and agree that you have obtained consent form that person for us to use and disclose their personal information and that they may access any personal information we hold about you.
Access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that we update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply to providing access to your information.
How we store your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all our Employees, Contractors and Agents (Representatives) to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
Access to information stored electronically is restricted to our Representatives whose job requires access to the information.
Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection. If we no longer need your personal information, we destroy or remove identify information.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website and track users movements.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served.
The contents of this statement are subject to change and are not intended to create a contract between us and the owner or tenant or who provides us with their personal information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy statement, please contact Mr Bruce Flint on 1300 354 687 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open For Inspection Collection Notice
Privacy Act 1988, Spam Act 2003, Do Not Call Register Act 2006 and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
We store and use your personal information collected form you at the opens for inspections for security purposes on behalf of our clients.
We will also use your personal information to contact you by means of any officer, contractor, employee or agent in relation to this property as well as other properties, products and services which we believe may be of interest to you and for customer feedback on our services.
In providing your personal information you consent to us collecting, storing and using your personal information in the manner set out above and you consent to use disclosing your personal information to our related bodies corporate and each of their officiers, contractors, employees and agents who may collect, store and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
You are also consenting for us to give your personal information to our other businesses, namely Navigates General Insurance, Navigates Mortgage Broking and Navigates Body Corporate and Community Management.
You acknowledge and agree that this consent is effective consent for the purposes of the Do Not Call Register Act 2006, Spam Act 2003, Privacy Act 1998 and National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and is deemed to be for an indefinite period (unless you advise us differently). If the information is not provided by you we may not be able to provide an effective service to you.
Contacting us and feedback
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us or any complaints regarding treatment of your privacy by contacting, Mr Bruce Flint on 0409 184598 or email@example.com.